I was diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome in 2003. Since the I've been trying to work out exactly what that means for me. This blog will be the repository for anything useful or interesting that I discover in the course of my research. It is also very much a work in progress. I will also try to link to any interesting new developments or articles that come to my attention.

Tuesday 29 September 2009

Chris Goodchild

"We experience life with great intensity and have a very poor filtering system.
"We can get bombarded with stimulation and information and can become easily confused and overwhelmed
 
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8274357.stm
 
Now 43, Chris was diagnosed with Asperger's only 18 months ago.
For years he struggled with depression and anxiety as he tried to conceal his autistic traits behind a façade of learnt, socially-acceptable behaviour. "I hid my unusualness, those feelings of being bad, mad, crazy, deranged," he said. "I had to adapt to what other people thought was normal, to survive."
 
'Adults with Autism' will be broadcast on BBC Radio 4 on Tuesday 29 September at 2100 hours, repeated on Wednesday 30 September at 1630 hours.


View your Twitter and Flickr updates from one place – Learn more!

No comments:

Post a Comment